[Buildroot] Updated status on the compilation of busybox on Mac OS X

Nicholas Kinar n.kinar at usask.ca
Sun Nov 29 01:39:20 UTC 2009

Hello--

I've recently found a post on this mailing list dating back to 2007.
The author of this post had found that busybox would build on Mac OS X
up to the point where fakeroot would be required.

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2007-February/002138.html

I've now downloaded and built fakeroot from "fakeroot_1.14.tar.gz."  My
build system was Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Darwin 9.8.0, using
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493).  The
source download location was:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/

However, I've found that the more recent versions of fakeroot (i.e.
fakeroot_1.14.3.tar.gz) do not cleanly build on Mac OS X.

What is the updated status on Mac OS X support for buildroot?

Nicholas