[Buildroot] Build jobbing

Michael S. Zick minimod at morethan.org
Sat Nov 28 11:38:58 UTC 2009

On Sat November 28 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:

> I'll go back through all of those today, one at a time, and post
> either patches or a better description of each problem.

First off, what worked - -

My configuration menu patch to expose the "build a static busybox"
worked just as intended while doing a full, dynamic system build.

During the build of uClibc, both shared and static libraries need
to always be built -
That is because the library loader utilities need to be linked as
static executables so that the dynamic library system can be fixed
if (when) it breaks.

Perhaps we need a menu selection to drop the static libraries from the
target fs image but they are required inside of the build system.

On the other hand, that might be considered a "site specific detail",
and just like splitting the fs image, should be left to post-buildroot
scripting by the buildroot user.

The "mips32-r2, tune=24kc, hard-float" without specifying *which*
hard-float type to gcc seems to be working (BB uses float in e2fsck).
Or perhaps I just got lucky with that one on this SoC (a Realtec RTD-1073).
Realtec licensed the 24kc-pro (hardware float) core back in 2004/2005.

After running the uClibc test suite, I'll try the Lua numerical test suite.
Lua only has one internal number type: Double. So if that works....

Mike