[Buildroot] 2009.11-rc1 build failure

Joachim Pihl jpihl at nevion.com
Fri Nov 27 08:03:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:31:17 +0100, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org>
wrote:

> Huh, that's wrong - The config you attached has:
>
> BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_2_6_31=y
> # BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_VERSION is not set
> # BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_SNAP is not set
> BR2_DEFAULT_KERNEL_HEADERS="2.6.31.6"
>
> And still you are trying to use headers from 2.6.27.10.

This is what I extracted from the email that came back from this list, I
think you made a mistake somewhere:

# BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_2_6_31 is not set
BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_VERSION=y
# BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_SNAP is not set
BR2_DEFAULT_KERNEL_VERSION="2.6.27.10"
BR2_DEFAULT_KERNEL_HEADERS="2.6.27.10"

> Are you sure you're using that exact config and just running make?

AFAIK .config should be the right config file,
sequence was as follows:

download and unpack
make xconfig
manually specify kernel version (matches the already patched kernel I had
lying about)
exit config
make

> The getline problem is a known issue with old kernels and new
> distributions (fixed in 2.6.29+ and later versions of 2.6.27.x).

OK.

Some time back, I remember hearing that 2.6.27 was the branch that was to
be maintained for XScale PXA. Is this correct, or are all XScale oddities
handled in later kernel versions?

--
Joachim Pihl
Senior R&D Engineer