[Buildroot] Non-x86 support question

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Nov 26 21:36:23 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael S Zick <minimod at morethan.org> writes:

 Michael> Just wondering, does buildroot get tested as a cross-compiler
 Michael> building native toolchain?

The BR2_PACKAGE_GCC_TARGET? No, that isn't commonly used. That doesn't
mean that it shouldn't work ofcourse.

 Michael> There is a similar bug posted, which I think refers to building
 Michael> the foreign, native, compiler.
 Michael> At least that is my own problem.  ;)

 Michael> In my case, gcc's configure is failing when it tries to test for
 Michael> the presence of mpfr (which is present, and built) - - -
 Michael> (No problem with gpm)

Hmm, it worked for me last time I tried (some time this summer).

 Michael> I have captured the configure command being run and the test file,
 Michael> then ran them "by hand" with -v the best I can figure out at
 Michael> that point is:

Could you provide a bit more details? What goes wrong?

 Michael> A true puzzle, not a show-stopper here, anytime by 2010.02
 Michael> would be fine.  This is gcc-4.3.whatever targeting mipsel.

It would be good if you could add a bugreport to bugzilla so we don't
forget about it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard