[Buildroot] jffs2 multiple partition

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Nov 26 15:13:13 UTC 2009

Le Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:36:40 +0100,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> The question is how to generalize this and make is simple to
> use/understand. My initial feeling is that for something as
> specialized as this we should just make it easy to do outside BR
> (like we do with the tarball target), instead of add a lot of
> complexity to BR/Kconfig.

Same opinion here. The feature « put /usr in one filesystem and the rest
in another filesystem » is very, very specific. Unless we find a way to
make it more generally useful, I don't think this belongs to Buildroot.

We could imagine that the user can give a text file saying which
file/directory should go in which filesystem, so that parts could be
put into a read-only filesystem and other parts into a read/write
filesystem. But I'm not sure how this would work.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.