[Buildroot] jffs2 multiple partition

Jonathan dumaresq jdumaresq at cimeq.qc.ca
Thu Nov 26 14:30:24 UTC 2009

Hi Thomas,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : buildroot-bounces at busybox.net [mailto:buildroot-bounces at busybox.net] De
la part de Thomas Petazzoni
Envoyé : 25 novembre 2009 16:25
À : buildroot at busybox.net
Objet : Re: [Buildroot] jffs2 multiple partition

Le Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:08:07 -0500,
"Jonathan dumaresq" <jdumaresq at cimeq.qc.ca> a écrit :

> I work with the atngw100 board and I try to build my custom linux fs
> with buildroot. I try to figure out how to split the rootfs in 2
> partitions.

How would like to split the rootfs ?
 I.e, what should Buildroot do to
split your rootfs ? What should be in the two different parts ?

I use the atngw100 board from atmel and We have 8M of parrallel flash and 8M
of serial flash. If the rootfs is > 8MB, I need to split the the rootfs. I
have looked in the ATMEL buildroot and from what I see, HCE have done some
work to ba able to do it. I just finished to port his work on my upstream
version of buildroot.

The main idea is to put the usr part in the 8MB serial flash.

I don't know if this is something that buildroot should offer ? if yes, I
can try to make a patch that add this functionality to buildroot ?

Jonathan