[Buildroot] [git commit master] buildroot; move defconfigs to configs/ and print in help

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Nov 25 22:16:11 UTC 2009

 >> I'm sorry to hear. I do kind of like it ;)

 Thomas> Argh, I still don't like it ;)

:/

I'll get back to you on this in more detail tomorrow, but just wanted to
reply to one thing now:

 >> With a find-all-files-ending-in-_defconfig-under-here thing? Could be
 >> done, but is kind of ugly - Same for make <foo>_defconfig.

 Thomas> Come on, kind of ugly ? It's a one liner for <foo>_defconfig (something
 Thomas> we already had) :

 Thomas> %_defconfig: $(CONFIG)/conf
 Thomas> 	cp $(shell find ./target/ -name $@) .config

But that's without error handling! If the user mistypes the defconfig
name he gets a very odd error:

make blah_defconfig
cp .config
cp: missing destination file operand after `.config'
Try `cp --help' for more information.

Whereas with a real dest: target rule like what we have now you get a
sensible error message:

make blah_defconfig
make: *** No rule to make target `blah_defconfig'.  Stop.

That's what I mean about ugly.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard