[Buildroot] xenomai / ratai --> nee ipipe

Jens Kleinhans Jens.Kleinhans at gmx.de
Mon Nov 23 15:16:36 UTC 2009

I used RTAI, so I don't want to use Xenomai. Is there another possibility to add the ipipe?

Looks like you miss-applied a xenomai patch or you're using a xenomai patch that does not support the arm architecture...

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Jens Kleinhans <Jens.Kleinhans at gmx.de> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 01:22:21PM +0100, Jens Kleinhans wrote:
        > I want to crosscompile kernel with the following command:
        >
        > make ARCH=arm  CROSS_COMPILE=<path_to_cross-compiler/cross-compiler-prefix->
        >
        > I build up my buildroot follwing the guide of http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/BuildRootBuild.
        >
        > What must I replace for "<path_to_cross-compiler/cross-compiler-prefix->".
        > What is the cross-compiler-prefix?

        /path/to/your/buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/usr/bin/arm-linux-

        should work.

        Daniel

        Hi Daniel I thanks for this information. But when I type I get the following problem. The ipipe directory is missing.  When I do the menuconfig of the Linux Kernel with "$ Make ARCH=arm menuconfig"  no option about ipipe appears. Have you an idea how to solve this problem

        root at benjamin-laptop:/usr/src/linux# make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/buildroot_new/buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/usr/bin/arm-linux-
        scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
          CHK     include/linux/version.h
          UPD     include/linux/version.h
          SYMLINK include/asm-arm/arch -> include/asm-arm/arch-at91
          Generating include/asm-arm/mach-types.h
          CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
          UPD     include/linux/utsrelease.h
          SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm
          CC      arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s
        In file included from include/asm/system.h:366,
                         from include/asm/bitops.h:27,
                         from include/linux/bitops.h:17,
                         from include/linux/kernel.h:15,
                         from include/linux/sched.h:52,
                         from arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.c:13:
        include/asm-generic/cmpxchg-local.h:4:28: error: asm/ipipe_base.h: No such file or directory
        In file included from include/linux/sched.h:62,
                         from arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.c:13:
        include/linux/ipipe.h:32:23: error: asm/ipipe.h: No such file or directory
        make[1]: *** [arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Fehler 1
        make: *** [prepare0] Fehler 2
        root at benjamin-laptop:/usr/src/linux#

        Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
        http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02