[Buildroot] How do I configure the kernel?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 05:00:12 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-20, Nicholas Walton <nwalton at aplopteng.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Grant Edwards
><grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How do you configure the kernel when using buildroot?
>
> make linux26-menuconfig

Doh!  I trield make kernel-menuconfig and several other
variations.  For future reference, is there somewhere that's
documented?

The next question was going to be where do I put a kernel
.config file if I already have one I want to use.  I can
probably do a "find" to search for files named .config and
figure out which is the right one. Then I assume I do "make
linux26-oldconfig"?

> Other targets, such as Busybox, follow the same convention.

Yes, the docs do explain how to configure busybox and uclibc.
I just hadn't guessed the correct "label" for doing the same
thing for the kernel.

--
Grant