[Buildroot] 2009.05-rc3 released

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu May 28 12:58:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 02:22:39PM +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Paul> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:
>  >> And report any issues found here or in the bugtracker.
>  Paul> I have been trying to build buildroot with a ubifs image. I haven't
>  Paul> quite got there yet, but there are some bugs associated with this
>  Paul> version.
>
>  Paul> target/ubifs/ubifsroot.mk
>  Paul> $(call DOWNLOAD,"$(MKFS_UBIFS_URL)")
>
>  Paul> This should be a WGET, not a DOWNLOAD.
>
> Thanks - Will fix. I just gave it a test, and it seems like the
> upstream git tree is gone, so it won't help you much.
>
> Hamish, I believe you were the one adding ubifs support - What is the
> situation with mkfs.ubifs? Is upstream mtd-utils nowadays like
> mkfs.jff2?
>
> Seems like we'll have to make ubifsroot as broken for the 2009.05
> release :/

Oh, I fixed this in my tree at work I'm pretty sure, but obviously forgot
to send in a patch. mkfs.ubifs is included in mtd-utils now, but you have
to use the git version (it's not in an mtd-utils release).

I haven't kept up with official buildroot lately, especially since the
switch to git. I'll see if I can send a patch to the mailing list
tomorrow.. I can't get to my code right now.

Hamish