[Buildroot] unrecognized option `-Qy'

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Fri May 22 15:58:49 UTC 2009

George Matveev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> got pretty much same result using buildroot-2009.05-rc2.tar.bz2:
>
> /home/work/buildrootgeo/build_arm/staging_dir/usr/bin/arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-as: unrecognized option
> `-Qy'
> make[2]: *** [build/genmodes.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/work/buildrootgeo/toolchain_build_arm/gcc-4.3.2-initial/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/work/buildrootgeo/toolchain_build_arm/gcc-4.3.2-initial'
> make: ***
> [/home/work/buildrootgeo/toolchain_build_arm/gcc-4.3.2-initial/.compiled]
> Error 2
> geomat at fermat:/home/work/buildroot200905rc2$
>
> Configuration file (also attached) is a bit different this time:
>
> BR2_GCC_TARGET_ARCH="armv4t"
>
> was correctly recognized and no manual intervention was needed.
>
> But still got this "unrecognized option `-Qy'" error.
> This is simple busybox configuration done on Lenny.
>
> Could someone possibly share .config which resulted in successful build?
>
> Best regards,
> George

This is my custom config, target is a custom at91rm9200-based board
(arm920t).
I'm using some custom bits like a custom target skeleton/device and
uclibc/busybox config though it shouldn't affect the result.
I can send the extra config bits on a personal mail to you since there's
nothing propietary about them, mostly to avoid cluttering the list.
Regards.