[Buildroot] [GIT PULL] avr32 updates

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:59:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/5/8 Thiago A. Corrêa <thiago.correa at gmail.com>:
>>  Thiago> Unfortunally, it doesn't look like it. Even if I select
>>  Thiago> 2.6.29 for the linux headers (toolchain), the build
>>  Thiago> fails. Unless I actually update the kernel on the target, it
>>  Thiago> fails to build for avr32. According to the avr32-linux
>>  Thiago> mailling list, there was a byteorder.h restructuring a while
>>  Thiago> back, so I guess some versions of the headers are not what
>>  Thiago> iptables expects.
>>
>> I still don't get it - I've never used the Linux.advanced stuff, but
>> it's just used to build a kernel for the target and doesn't have
>> anything to do with the rootfs, right? How can it then influence the
>> iptables build?
>
> Perhaps it's how it touches all the LINUX26* variables. I have no idea
> either. I just tried to update and it worked. I might just be loosing
> my mind and tested it wrong, could have forgot to run a toolchain with
> 2.6.29 and kernel 2.6.28 test and thought that I had. I've been awake
> for 36 hours already and still have to study for German test tomorrow
> (as second foreign language).
>
> I will leave this building with toolchain kernel headers 2.26.9 and
> advanced linux 2.26.7 and see if iptables fails to compile again.

It turns out I was a bit too tired and thought I tested it with 2.6.29
kernel headers and < 2.6.29 kernel.

iptables can't build with toolchain kernel headers earlier than 2.6.29
under avr32, what actually fixed the build was the atngw100_defconfig
update. Good thing I removed that "fix iptables" bit from the logs :D

Cheers,
   Thiago A. Correa