[Buildroot] Problem with LZO package in ARM configuration, need help to solve the problem

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Mon May 4 12:02:36 UTC 2009

Peter Korsgaard a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>  Cyril> Any idea from where the problem can come from ?
>
> Not right away...
>
>  Cyril> I maybe have an idea : why does the script use arm-linux-g++ compiler
>  Cyril> and not the complete path to the previously built arm compiler
>  Cyril> toolchain ?
>  Cyril> Because in fact it seems the configure script uses the arm-linux-g++
>  Cyril> compiler _installed_ _on_  _my_ _machine_ !! But this compiler is and
>  Cyril> old version (gcc3.4) and has nothing to do with buildroot normally
>  Cyril> !!??
>
> Ok, quick test - Rename the old compiler to arm-linux-g++-old and try
> again - Does it still hang?

When I rename  arm-linux-g++ to  arm-linux-g++old, its blocks too but on
arm-linux-c++...
Thus I renamed arm-linux-* and it works now, thank Peter !! The
configure script do this :

checking for arm-linux-g++... no
checking for arm-linux-c++... no
checking for arm-linux-gpp... no
checking for arm-linux-aCC... no
checking for arm-linux-CC... no
checking for arm-linux-cxx... no
checking for arm-linux-cc++... no
checking for arm-linux-cl... no
checking for arm-linux-FCC... no
checking for arm-linux-KCC... no
checking for arm-linux-RCC... no
checking for arm-linux-xlC_r... no
checking for arm-linux-xlC... no
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

In fact when we activate jffs2 filesystem output, lzo must be compiled
for the host, thus why does it first try to use arm-linux-g++ !? It's
why I am the only one to have this problem since some week, because I am
the only one to have a arm toolchain installed on my computer !!

There is surely a bug to fix somewhere, but I don't know where !?

Cyril

--

Cyril Haenel
Registered Linux User #332632