[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain: binutils external-toolchain gcc uClibc

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Mar 30 15:58:42 UTC 2009

Le Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:46:52 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> The change was done by Daniel Laird back in January (r25170), and was
> afaik because the options for external toolchains weren't in sync with
> the ones for internal toolchains (WCHAR or LIBSTDCPP or something like
> that missing), which meant that the packages depending on those
> toolchain options couldn't be selected in kconfig.

Ok, got it.

> Now, the current approach is certainly nice from a maitenance POV as
> there's only one set of options so they are always in sync, but I
> agree that it isn't that userfriendly.

The best option would be to compute automatically these configuration
options when using an external toolchain. But I don't see how this can
be done with how the kconfig system works.

Does something like :

config BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE
	bool "Enable locale" if BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT
	bool "Is locale enabled in your toolchain ?" if BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL

works ?

Thomasa
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons