[Buildroot] svn commit: [25880] trunk/buildroot/package: automake libtool pkgconfig

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Mar 30 06:24:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

Le Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:10:26 +0000 (UTC),
jacmet at uclibc.org a écrit :

> Revert r25827 and instead copy over the host aclocal files of the
> stuff needed for auto* (libtool + pkgconfig). These logically belong
> with the target stuff, as they are used for the target auto*
> toolchain.
>
> Long term we should probably consider using
> aclocal --acdir=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/share/aclocal, so the host .m4
> files cannot interfere with the target build.

I must admit I'm far from being a auto* expert, and I'm quite confused
by the host vs. target auto* difference. So please excuse my silly
questions.

With your version, when a package sets FOO_AUTORECONF=YES, it will use
the autotools of the host (installed in $(HOST_DIR)), but these
autotools will be told to use the aclocal files in $(STAGING_DIR), and
therefore will only see the aclocal files for libtool and pkgconfig. Is
this what we want ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.