[Buildroot] Buildroot GUI

Lloyd Sargent lloyd at cannasoftware.com
Fri Mar 27 13:55:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't know if this has been done or even if it is a good idea, but
I've been toying with the idea of a Buildroot GUI.

Not that Buildroot is a hard system to learn, but it can be very
daunting to the guy who "just wants to run code".

I hadn't on making this a full IDE (I've worked with TI's DevRocket
and was NOT impressed), but would in fact allow people to set it up to
call their editor of choice. I'm not keen on writing editors.

So, is this a good idea, bad idea, or very problematic given the way
Buildroot changes?

Cheers,

Lloyd

-----