[Buildroot] using linux 2.4 headers AND python

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Mar 25 23:26:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:35:46AM -0400, Tobias McNulty wrote:
> Tobias McNulty wrote:
> > and, sure enough, I don't see os.py anywhere on the filesystem.  I have
> > not looked at the python build output yet but I'll do that tomorrow when
> > I'm more awake.
>
> Sure enough, the installer is installing all the .py files and then
> removing them again.  It appears the line at fault is the last one in
> the following section of python.mk
>
> ifneq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_DEV),y)
>         rm -rf $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/include/python$(PYTHON_VERSION_MAJOR)
>         rm -rf
> $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/python$(PYTHON_VERSION_MAJOR)/config
>         find $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/ -name '*.py' -exec rm {} \;
> endif
>
> Is that line really supposed to be there?

No it isn't, but you should also have the .pyc file (unless you have set
BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_PY_ONLY) so 'import os' will still work. You might
want to build python with logging and post the log here, ie

make python-dirclean python 2>&1 > pybuild.log

'svn blame' suggests this is my mistake. I use ..._PYC_ONLY so I didn't
notice.

Hamish