[Buildroot] problems configuring libcurl

Robert Urban urban at unix-beratung.de
Tue Mar 10 09:36:32 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Robert> Hi Folks,
>  Robert> i've enabled libcurl in svn-buildroot, but the configure-run fails with:
>
>  Robert> configure: Added
>  Robert> /big/home/urban/Build/Buildroot/svn/buildroot/build_i586/staging_dir/usr/lib
>  Robert> to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>  Robert> checking for inflateEnd in -lz... grep: error while loading shared
>  Robert> libraries: libc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
>  Robert> file or directory
>
> Are you building for the same architecture as your host? Are you also
> building grep? It seems like configure somehow picked up the target
> version of grep.

erm, yes and no.  The host is i686, target is i586.  I'm not building grep
explicitly.  It is, however, configured in busybox.  I don't think the
configure picked up the target grep. This is the error I get if I try to run
the target grep on the host:

-snip-
project_build_i586/robix/root/bin/grep
bash: project_build_i586/robix/root/bin/grep: /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0: bad ELF
interpreter: No such file or directory
-snip-

> Please post your .config

.config can be found at: