[Buildroot] AT91RM9200df, some applications depend on libintl/libiconv

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Mar 5 13:57:06 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas  <tokant at gmx.net> writes:

 Thomas> Hello,

 Thomas> I am trying to create a "light" root file system for an
 Thomas> AT91RM9200df system with the latest 2009.02 buildroot
 Thomas> release. So I disabled a lot of the packages and libraries
 Thomas> (for example libintl and libiconv) and got a partly working
 Thomas> root file system.

Did you do a clean rebuild after doing this?

 Thomas> Some of the package applications do not work, because they
 Thomas> seem to depend on libintl/libiconv: wget, chattr, lsattr
 Thomas> uuidgen, e2fsck, mke2fs and badblocks for example. They

I take this is "big" wget, and not the busybox applet? I would be
suprised if wget/e2fsprogs could build with libintl support if you
don't have that enabled.

 Thomas> terminate with "can't load library 'libintl.so.8'". These
 Thomas> applications work, if I enable libintl and libiconv, but I
 Thomas> would like to save the 800 kB which where occupied by
 Thomas> libiconv.

Any special reason why you don't use the busybox wget applet instead?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard