[Buildroot] [git commit] CHANGES: add #163 + #473

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Jul 24 13:50:19 UTC 2009

 >> I agree that the xtensa stuff is "special" in various ways, but I
 >> think it's more productive to get it into git and then work on
 >> getting it cleaned up more, instead of having it gather dust in
 >> bugzilla.

 Thomas> Ok, fair enough. Reading the patches again, they don't look
 Thomas> too invasive after all.

No, it is pretty much self contained.

 Thomas> I'm concerned by the licensing of
 Thomas> target/xtensa/xt-buildroot-overlay-install, since this file
 Thomas> states:

 Thomas> +# Copyright (c) 2003-2008 by Tensilica Inc. ALL RIGHTS
 Thomas> +RESERVED.  # These coded instructions, statements, and
 Thomas> +computer programs are the # copyrighted works and
 Thomas> +confidential proprietary information of Tensilica Inc.

Yes, that doesn't fly with the GPL requirements. Maxim, is it OK with
you to get rid of that header?

 Thomas> BTW, was Perl already a host dependency to run Buildroot ?

Well, it is indirectly as you need Perl to build Linux + a number of
packages, but nothing in buildroot self was using Perl.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard