[Buildroot] VLC media player patched + some libraries added

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:26:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Roeland Van Praet<roelvp at mind.be> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In March I already submitted this patch but apparantly it hasn't been
> accepted yet, even after a reminder.
> Can someone please review this patch and tell me if it is missing something
> or not.
>
> Thank you very much,

It would be helpful to submit this patch as a number of entries in the
bugzilla, one per package - that way if things do get missed on the
mailing list then someone is more likely to pick them up later.

I notice VLC 1.0.0 is out. Is there a reason why you are using an older version?

Also it appears that the version of ffmpeg is a snapshot which changes
daily. Is that the case? It would seem useful to have an option to
pick a particular snapshot so builds are more reproducible.