[Buildroot] Question about autoreconfiguration of packages

Lionel Landwerlin lionel.landwerlin at openwide.fr
Wed Jul 8 08:52:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

there is something I noticed when autoconfiguring a package before
configure and build it. The autoconfiguration is done by calling :
	* $buildrootdir/build_$arch/host_dir/usr/bin/aclocal
	* $buildrootdir/build_$arch/host_dir/usr/bin/autoconf
	* $buildrootdir/build_$arch/host_dir/usr/bin/autoheader
	* /usr/bin/automake

I'm wondering why we call automake from the host rather than automake
from the host built packages. Because, for example, if we don't have
gtk-doc-tools installed on the host system, it's not possible to
autoconfigure packages like glib2/gtk+/etc...

Is there a reason for this ?

If not, we have to add the gtk-doc package and build it for the host.

Lionel Landwerlin <lionel.landwerlin at openwide.fr>