[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/icu

Daniel James Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Tue Jan 27 16:30:25 UTC 2009

> I'm not familiar with the external toolchain stuff, but don't you
> already now need to configure buildroot to match the toolchain
> settings (ipv6, largefile, locales, c++ support and so on?). If not,
> how is that handled?

It is currently setting stuff under toolchain/external-toolchain/Config.in.2

> Daniel> It would seem a shame to break external toolchain support at
> Daniel> this late hour....

> I guess it's already broken then ;) There's several packages depending
> on locales/c++/wchar stuff.

Yep, seems like what I shall do is add the options
BR2_LOCALE, BR2_USE_WCHAR and BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP.

Quick question, currently toolchain/external-toolchain/Config.in.2 is setting BR2_GCC_CROSS_CXX which means build a working C++ compiler (in buildroot toolchain case) or I have a  working C++ compiler (in external toolchain usecase).  So should this be changed to BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP as we seem to be using this second option to dictate whether some packages can be built (qt/icu etc) or should we instead be checking against BR2_GCC_CROSS_CXX in the packages that require C++ compiler support

Cheers
Dan