[Buildroot] Error encountered while doing make after adding u-boot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jan 26 14:50:27 UTC 2009

 >> Naah, to much work as that's arch dependent. Then I would rather add a
 >> big fat $(error) in the U-Boot Makefile.in if the thing evaluates to
 >> nothing.

 Hans-Christian> ... I think checking for an empty config name is
 Hans-Christian> better, and print an appropriate message before
 Hans-Christian> quiting. If the PROJECT happens to work, that still
 Hans-Christian> might not be the u-boot config the user wants, and
 Hans-Christian> he/she does not understand why u-boot does not work
 Hans-Christian> afterwards.

Ok, done - It gives something like:

target/u-boot/Makefile.in:287: *** NO U-Boot board name set. Check your BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_BOARDNAME setting.  Stop.

That seems pretty clear to me.

 Hans-Christian> And in most instances the PROJECT name will not match
 Hans-Christian> a U-Boot config.

Maybe, in the kind of setup I'm normally doing it does, but maybe not
for others.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard