[Buildroot] 2009.02-rc2 released

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Sun Jan 25 21:17:16 UTC 2009

sön 2009-01-25 klockan 14:07 +0100 skrev Peter Korsgaard:

>  Ulf> sön 2009-01-25 klockan 11:28 +1100 skrev Paul Jones:
>  >> I had a go at compiling this for an ARM and I get this error:
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  Ulf> Noone has put a lot of effort into supporting the
>  Ulf> "generic" ARM so there is no linux configuration file available.
>
> I don't quite see how such a config would make sense in the first
> place. ARM is far from as homogeneous as i386.
>
>  Ulf> You have obviously selected Advanced Kernel configuration, and for
>  Ulf> that you need Qt installed, or you have to select
>  Ulf> to use "menuconfig" in the setup instead of "xconfig"
>
> Ulf, several people (myself included) told you to default to menuconfig
> for the kernel stuff, I'm surprised that's still not the case.

If you want a simple configuration, then you don't use
the "Advanced configuration for Linux"

The advanced configuration is a selectable option.
so is the make menuconfig.
I prefer default

I wrote the Advanced configuration so that I can
work with Linux in a manner that is flexible.

What should possible be done is to fallback to menuconfig if this fails

You want to minimize the options for the user, so I suggest
that you write a new way of configuring Linux
so you can do it the way You want.

You have NO business changing the board defaults.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson