[Buildroot] busybox login problem on AT91SAM9263

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jan 22 15:45:35 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Robin" == Stridh, Robin ActeSE <robin.stridh at acteembedded.se> writes:

 Robin> Hi,

 Robin> I configured buildroot to use an external toolchain and tried
 Robin> using the toolchain built with the working configuration
 Robin> (r24822) to build the current version of the root file system
 Robin> (r24966). Here the login actually works!

 Robin> Using an newer toolchain, but still external (r24936) still
 Robin> gives the same login problem. Also building todays buildroot
 Robin> with todays toolchain gives the same problem. Seems the
 Robin> problem lies within the toolchain.  Ulf: you said something
 Robin> about that you maybe updated the uClibc configuration. Can you
 Robin> explain this?

Strange. Between those two versions we changed the default gcc version
from 4.2.4 to 4.3.2 - Are both compilations with gcc 4.2.4?

 Robin> If I have to rebuild the toolchain each time it will take
 Robin> time, but I will make some more experiments.

Thanks, please do it as a binary search instead of more-or-less random
versions.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard