[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/libgtk2

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Jan 15 20:18:20 UTC 2009

tor 2009-01-15 klockan 09:36 +0100 skrev Thomas Lundquist:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:11:14PM +0000, ulf at uclibc.org wrote:
> >
> > Log:
> > Force use of HOST_GLIB instead of /usr/bin for libgtk2
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/buildroot/package/libgtk2/libgtk2.mk
>
> I'll repeat myself, please answer.
>
> Any reason we do this instead of using good old PATH?
> Using PATH and having STAGING_DIR/BIN first in it will give the user an option
> to choose wether he wants to use the host provided or his own.
>
> So what is wrong with PATH and makes this hack a necessity?

It looks like the configure script for gtk is totally screwed up.
I have HOST_GLIB = /opt/gnome/bin on OpenSuSE in the path,
but configure does not look at the path, and decides
/usr/bin is where glib-genmarshal is.
There is also an ac_cv_path variable set in
the buildroot script, which is ignored.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson