[Buildroot] arch support

Hamish Guthrie hamish.guthrie at sonycom.com
Tue Jan 13 09:04:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Strange - Are you building in a clean tree? What host are you using?

Yes, building against a clean tree. I have tried this on 4 different
build hosts:

1) Centos 5.0 i386: gcc4.1.2 - FAIL
2) Debian Etch i386: gcc4.1.2 - FAIL
3) Ubuntu 7.04 i386: gcc4.1.2 - FAIL
4) Ubuntu 8.10 i386: gcc4.3.2 - PASS

For all of the failures, the appropriate part of the config.log file is
as follows:

configure:2567: checking for suffix of object files
configure:2588:
/tmp/br/powerpc/toolchain_build_powerpc/gcc-4.3.2-initial/./gcc/xgcc
-B/tmp/br/powerpc/toolchain_build_powerpc/gcc-4.3.2-initial/./gcc/
-B/tmp/br/powerpc/build_powerpc/staging_dir/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/bin/
-B/tmp/br/powerpc/build_powerpc/staging_dir/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/lib/
-isystem
/tmp/br/powerpc/build_powerpc/staging_dir/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/include
-isystem
/tmp/br/powerpc/build_powerpc/staging_dir/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/sys-include
-c -g -Os  conftest.c >&5
/tmp/br/powerpc/toolchain_build_powerpc/gcc-4.3.2-initial/./gcc/cc1:
error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
configure:2591: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "GNU C Runtime Library"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "libgcc"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "GNU C Runtime Library 1.0"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2605: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.

Unfortunately, the Ubuntu 8.10 machine I used last night to test on is
not available to me at the moment, however, I am currently getting a new
VM set up with Ubuntu 8.10 on it, on which I will install gcc4.1.2 to
see if that is in fact the culprit, but I am not really convinced.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

--
Hamish