[Buildroot] Buildroot maintainer and stable releases

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Jan 7 19:16:48 UTC 2009

ons 2009-01-07 klockan 19:13 +0100 skrev Thomas Lundquist:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 01:10:38PM +0100, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> >
> > It is not fixed by a system which has stable distributions
> > which are removed and replaced with another stable
> > distribution which breaks support for a number of systems.
>
> Replaced? It's versioned (and tagged in the VCS) so it's not
> that an old version just ends up in /dev/null
>
> The main issue regarding older releases is that the source packages might
> not be available where they used to be. That's a different issue
> that seems to be addressed anyway.

When we release a distribution, then all needed packages
in that distribution needs to be mirrored somewhere.

This was a key requirement when I pestered Atmel Norway
to replace their build scripts with buildroot,
and I think HCE has implemented it.
There is a scripts/wget.sh which I will have a look at.