[Buildroot] Buildroot maintainer and stable releases

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Tue Jan 6 18:32:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 04:08:15PM +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Thomas> Should we have some arch_testconfig as we have defconfigs?
>  Thomas> First start with a simple config then add more.
>
> Maybe. I would just start with the rm .config; make menuconf, select
> arch, save; make

It's a start of course but is the resulting .config a good config or just
more or less random?

>  Thomas> This has to be handles by a defined set of test cases based
>  Thomas> on more or less generic HW, like evaluation kits.
>
> Or qemu.

True.

>  Thomas> (BTW; WCHAR and LOCALE OFF is NOT a special case, it should
>  Thomas> be default.  In my view, also LARGEFILE.)
>
> You mean default on? They currently default to off, simply because of
> their size impact.

Default OFF. I haven't messed with g++ lately but it had a tendency
to not work without WCHAR ON. It may be back in 3.X days though.

LARGEFILE set to off is another option I'd like to have as a test
case but I have a slight feeling that will hinder a release
for quite some time..

Thomas.