[Buildroot] Buildroot Not Using Saved Config for Linux

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Jan 6 18:31:48 UTC 2009

mån 2009-01-05 klockan 15:11 -0800 skrev Quick X:
> I can't get buildroot to use the "local\MYPROJECT
> \linux-2.6.24.3.config" file no matter what.  It always uses the
> "project_build_arm/at91sam9261ek/linux-2.6.24.3/.config" file, or
> creates a new one if it doesn't exsist.
>
> Steps I do to test:
> make linux26-menuconfig
> make saveconfig
> make linux26-menuconfig (EDIT SOMETHING ELSE)
> make BOARD=MYPROJECT

IIRC, The way saveconfig works is that it copies the current
$(TOPDIR)/.config to the loacl/$(PROJECT) directory
and then edits the paths for certain variables.

It does not modify the $(TOPDIR)/.config file,so you
will still be using the same paths.

If you want to use the new board stuff, you have to to

$ make BOARD=MYPROJECT getconfig

which do:

cp $(LOCAL)/$(PROJECT)/$(PROJECT).config .config

and after that, you should be using the BOARD files.

Note that you can set BUILDROOT_LOCAL to whatever in
your shell environment so you can store your project
files outside the buildroot source tree.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson.