[Buildroot] problem building openswan using svn-buildroot

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Feb 25 05:40:39 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> >> Well - It's HUGE (>7M), but OK, I'll mark it as BROKEN and remove if
> >> after the 2009.05 release unless someone steps up to fix it. I'll also
> >> remove the kernel patches as we remove old kernel versions.
>
> Ulf> If you feel that the stuff should not be in the svn, then
> Ulf> make the patches loadable and store the patches in the mirror.
>
> What will that change if it's broken?
>
> Ulf> As pointed out to you earlier, buildroot users are using
> Ulf> linux-2.6.22 and later so there is no reason to remove things
> Ulf> which is active use.  Again, it makes sense to move the patches
> Ulf> to the mirror, but yuu are the only one to have write acdess as
> Ulf> far as I know.
>
> Active openswan users? How come we haven't seen any bugreports or
> patches since 2007 then?

No active kernel users.
You indicate that you want to "remove old kernel versions",
and at the moment, I think that there is no need to do this.
It is desirable to make older patches downloadable from the mirror server.

I believe we should do the following for openswan.
* Mark the package as broken in Config
* Move the latest kernel patches to the mirror server.
* Add a comment about this in the Config
* Remove all openswan kernel patches from svn.
Even if someone does not use openswan today, it seems
to be useful and I would like to have some encouragement
left for people to fix it.

> As said earlier, I think it's absolutely critical to trim the package
> versions between releases, otherwise we'll never be able to get any
> significant testing coverage.
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Best Regards