[Buildroot] RFC: option to Makefile.autotools.in to build in $(PROJECT_BUILD_DIR)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 19 12:43:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> The target-specific-variable make feature is indeed usefull, but I
 >> don't quite see how to apply it in this case.

 Bernhard> in this case just pickup an eventually given per-package
 Bernhard> objdir instead of always using BUILD_DIR, perhaps something
 Bernhard> like OBJDIR=$(if
 Bernhard> $$($(2)_BUILDDIR),$$($(2)_BUILDDIR),$(BUILD_DIR))

 Bernhard> so you can just
 Bernhard> package/foo/foo.mk:FOO_BUILDDIR=$(PROJECT_BUILDDIR)
 Bernhard> (modulo typos)

That's pretty much what I suggested, but it doesn't remove the etra
complexity to the Makefile.autotools.in rules (there's a generic set
of rules going $(BUILD_DIR)/%/.stamp_<something>:). The package
settings for the other things are done with ?= <default>, so adding a
$(2)_BUILDDIR ?= $(BUILD_DIR) would be enough.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard