[Buildroot] Easy Upgrade Path?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 12 13:35:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> What is the recommended method to upgrade to the newest build
 >> environment so we don't have to re-do everything? Is this possible?

 Thomas> Ulf introduced local/ when he started to commit and this was
 Thomas> a good idea.

 Thomas> It got booted out some time later, by someone.

I don't remember the details, but it was afaik quite half baked,

 Thomas> The point is that you can put your config files and non-included
 Thomas> packages there and keep that out of the rest of the tree.

 Thomas> I like the idea and would like to put it back in.

I agree that we should realize the fact that any big user of buildroot
want to customize it somehow and make it easy to do - But we need to
do it in a clean way.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard