[Buildroot] Webserver

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Feb 5 22:06:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 08:24:30AM -0800, Dan Pattison wrote:
> spawn-fcgi.c:(.text+0x340): undefined reference to `rpl_malloc'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

[...]
> We can see the error: undefined reference to `rpl_malloc', but being new
> to cross compiling, we do not know how to fix it.

I've got a similar problem with a local package here. I put the
following in xxx_CONF_OPT (xxx being the package prefix in the .mk):

xxx_CONF_OPT = ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes ac_cv_func_realloc_0_nonnull=yes

> Also, when using the add_new_package.wizard, how do you know when to
> select "Does autoreconf need to be run first?". It did not seem to
> matter in the case of cross compiling Cherokee-0.98.1

It may still be needed on other architectures, but leave it off for now.

> Lastly, does anyone know of a different web server for Buildroot that
> will make the most common web browsers (IE6, IE7, Firefox etc) pop up
> the username/password box?

Almost any web server should support basic authentication?

Hamish