[Buildroot] What's up with the kernel names? (Again)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 5 13:23:41 UTC 2009

 Thiago> Hi,
 >> To me the sane thing would just be for the files to be named whatever
 >> the kernel names them (uImage/zImage/bzImage/..), but even if we don't
 >> do that we should atleast make the 2 Linux types use the same style.

 Thiago> Unless someone oposes, I will commit the patch below tomorrow night.

Please do it today, I'm planning on cutting the release tomorrow
(Friday) at noon.

 Thiago> It will use the rootfs suffix if one is specified for the kernel, but
 Thiago> if none is supplied, we get default kernel names. Then you can get
 Thiago> both rootfs and kernel with your board names, dates, etc. And both
 Thiago> rootfs and kernel names will always match.

Seems good, but don't forget the non-advanced version as well. We
should imho use the same naming convention for both kernel builds.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard