[Buildroot] cannot compute suffix of object files

Jean-Christian de Rivaz jc at eclis.ch
Thu Feb 5 10:39:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I try to install buildroot by testing the default configuration. I do a
"make menuconfig" and I exit it without touching any setting. After I do
a "make". I that correct ?

The problem is that the build failed on the 2009.02-RC3 and on the
Subversion revision 25244. The error is alway the same:

checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: cannot compute
suffix of object files: cannot compile

More details on the attached files. The host is a Debian Etch x86_64.

Please help
--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz