[Buildroot] can't open /dev/tty No such device or address

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Feb 3 07:01:40 UTC 2009

>>>>> "jeff" == jeff angielski <jeff at theptrgroup.com> writes:

Hi,

 jeff> You are correct.  At some point while I was trying to get my
 jeff> serial port, /dev/ttyCPM0, up and running as the serial console
 jeff> in buildroot I must have inadvertently disabled Virtual
 jeff> Terminals in the kernel config file.  Once I enabled them again
 jeff> all was well.

We don't seem to have ttyCPMx devices listed in the default
/etc/securetty, what major/minor device numbers does it use and how
many are typically present?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard