[Buildroot] Kernel Panic after selecting qt graphic lib

Stanley eva2002 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:57:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I need some help in getting qt embedded to work.

After completing my configuration for buildroot, i do a make
'make' was successful and the output file (uImage) size was around 7MB.

Halfway through the loading to kernel, I encounter kernel panic. below is
the message I got.

NET: Registered protocol family
16
bio: create slab <bio-0> at
0
NET: Registered protocol family
2
IP route cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096
bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 1024 (order: 1, 8192
bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096
bytes)
TCP: Hash tables configured (established 1024 bind
1024)
TCP reno
registered
NetWinder Floating Point Emulator V0.97 (double
precision)
Kernel panic - not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes...

My board is having a 32MB RAM and the uImage size is only 7MB.

How come I still get this message?
How can I resolve this?

On side note, I can use previously, I was using directfb and the uImage size
was around 3.1MB and the kernel can be loaded and use.

Not sure how to attach file to mailing list so I did like normal mail
attachment. Attached is my configuration for both buildroot and linux.

Regards,
Stanley