[Buildroot] External toolchain: crosstool-NG instead of buildroot?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Dec 21 22:10:30 UTC 2009

Peter,
All,

On Monday 21 December 2009 21:06:08 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
>  Yann> As you mentioned the subject, I think we should prepare both
>  Yann> projects so crosstool-NG offers all that buildroot needs, and
>  Yann> maybe tweak a few things in buildroot to efficiently use
>  Yann> crostool-NG.
> Yes definately - Yann, I'm really sorry that I haven't gotten back to
> you on your mail from ELCE - Things have been kind of crazy here, but
> now holidays are coming up.

No problem. I've had stuff to do here as well. Holidays are coming here
too, but one week will be short enough...

[--SNIP--]
> Yes, that sounds good. Why is a 3 month release schedule significantly
> more work than a 4 month one? It should just mean less new development
> done per release.

3 months is too short a time to bundle enough new features to warrant a
new release, while 4 months is just enough to give me a little break
while still allowing substantial advancement in the project.

But I do agree that once we join forces on the toolchain part, a 3-month
cycle will be OK.

>  Yann> Apart form that, we could build upon the results of the BR
>  Yann> developper day.  Should I repost my summary to this list?
> Yes please do.

Will do in a separate post.

> Talking about developers day, Thomas and me are trying to arrange
> another dev day after FOSDEM (February 8) - Anyone interested?

I'll be attending FOSDEM, but am not too sure I'll be able to stay monday.
In fact, I already have a train home booked on monday. If I can cancel it,
and arrange for a second day off tuesday, then I'l gladly join, if it makes
sense.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.