[Buildroot] develop using buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Dec 20 17:53:46 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Marcel" == Marcel  <korgull at home.nl> writes:

 Marcel> Hi,
 Marcel> I'm having some issues setting up a workable environment.
 Marcel> I need to write my own kernel drivers, add some packages and change u-boot.

 Marcel> buildroot requires patches, so that's clear but I wonder how to
 Marcel> efficiently develop those patches.

 Marcel> Do I set up the kernel and u-boot outside buildroot, than
 Marcel> create patches form there and than include those in buildroot ?

Didn't you ask the same question just a few days ago? You can work in
whatever way suits you best, but personally I prefer to get kernel+uboot
up and running outside buildroot, and then just add the patches to BR
once everything is working.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard