[Buildroot] Strange behavior with shell redirection

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Fri Dec 18 23:13:57 UTC 2009

> tmpFS uses swap as its backing store.  How much swap do you have?  By
> default tmpFS will only use 50% of it.
>
> Also, you can limit the amount of ram used by tmpFS on the mount command and/or fstab.
>
> Mike

I have no swap at all :

# cat /etc/fstab
#
/dev/root       /              ext2    rw,noauto         0      1
proc        /proc           proc     defaults      0     0
devpts        /dev/pts       devpts   defaults,gid=5,mode=620      0     0
tmpfs           /tmp           tmpfs    defaults          0      0
sysfs        /sys           sysfs    defaults      0     0

Curious, for / it gives ext2, but in fact it's jffs2....

# df
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root               508.0M     20.4M    487.6M   4% /
tmpfs                    30.5M      1.6M     29.0M   5% /tmp

Thanks for the informations, in the next release, I will write my log in
/home/potentiostat/ and not /var/log/ !

Cyril

--

Cyril Haenel