[Buildroot] OT: git workflow question

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:22:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Vellemans, Noel
<Noel.Vellemans at visionbms.com> wrote:

> Is there a known document (or url) that you can recommend, not that we
> all need/want te be git experts, but a guide that helps us in getting
> some basic git workflow would be nice.

Um not sure if you wanted generic git stuff but I found the git
community book [1] pretty good. Its free to download or the online
version includes some screencasts (although my company's firewall
blocks any flash videos so I've not been able to view them).

Everyday Git [2] is fairly short and sweet and give a good picture of
how individuals can interact with a integrator/maintainer. There is
also a git tutorial [3] and plenty of other resources on the git
website [4].

---

[1] http://book.git-scm.com/
[2] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/everyday.html