[Buildroot] *Tons* of BR warnings like "package/Makefile.autotools.in:179: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/bjornfor/raid/forks/buildroot/output'"

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:23:25 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Le Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:36:28 +0100,
> Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic amd64. I just tried BR on another machine
>> (also Karmic amd64) and the same thing happens there. I also tried to
>> symlink /bin/sh to /bin/dash on one of the machines. It didn't help.
>
> I cannot reproduce here. My buildroot version (from git) works well on
> a Karmic x86.
>
> Which version of Buildroot are you using exactly ? Which version of
> make does your system has ? Do you have any BUILDROOT_* environment
> variable set ?

BR version: HEAD as of now (1323ecdd094f0dd387bfe9db8c00cd9982ac1156)

Make version: 3.81

I don't have any BUILDROOT environment variables:
$ env | grep BUILDROOT     # nothing

I really think that some update to Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic amd64 has caused this
issue, because I have two machines with the same OS that show this behaviour
and I'm pretty sure that the BR versions not working now worked before.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman