[Buildroot] ARM OABI/EABI problem

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Dec 9 13:42:51 UTC 2009

>>>>> "peter" == peter stosz <peter.stosz at mentat.hu> writes:

Hi,

 peter> Please explain me, how to build complete OABI 'style' sytem to
 peter> ARM (RM9200) target.

 peter> I try to compile a minimal Linux 2.6.27 with Busybox 1.15
 peter> system.  I must OABI, because I need Floating Point Emulator,
 peter> but it depends on !AEABI || OABI_COMPAT

Really? Softfloat is a lot faster than kernel emulation.

 peter> As you see (on Build option section) I leave
 peter> BR2_GNU_TARGET_SUFFIX on the default "linux-uclibcgnueabi" When
 peter> I change it to "linux-uclibc", I get the following error:

You should use linux-uclibc for OABI.

 peter> warning: working around missing syslimits.h
 peter> cp: stat ”/srv/buildroot/output/staging/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux-uclibc/4.4.2/
 peter> include/syslimits.h” sikertelen: Nincs ilyen fájl vagy könyvtár  <-- No such
 peter> file or directory
 peter> make: *** [/srv/buildroot/output/target/usr/bin/gcc] Error 1

Hmm, could you try with gcc 4.3.4? I've compiled OABI with 4.3.4 without
problems, but I've never tried 4.4.x.

Remember to run make clean after any toolchain changes.

 peter> Build environment:
 peter> Ubuntu 9.10 x64 (Hungarian)
 peter> bash, not dash
 peter> make as root

Don't do that! Buildroot is designed to work without root permissions,
and I give absolutely NO guarantee that we won't make a mistake and
accidently overwrite/delete something, especially if you use a git
snapshot.

 peter> Buildroot 2009.11
 peter> 2nd error message on BR daily snapshot (091205)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard