[Buildroot] Strange MTD problem (ARM)

Joachim Pihl jpihl at nevion.com
Mon Dec 7 08:52:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 09:34:25 +0100, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org>
wrote:

>  Joachim> This may not be related to Buildroot, but I am completely
> stumped:
>
> I take it that this is with busybox cp and not coreutils? You might have
> better luck asking on the busybox list.

This is with busybox, yes. Will repost to the busybox list and see what
comes up.

>  Joachim> # cp mtdblock2 /dev/mtdblock2
>
> So you want cp to detect that the target is a special file and not
> unlink it, but instead do something like cat mtdblock2 >/dev/mtdblock2 ?
>
> Why not simply use cat instead?

Actually, I have never thought of that, but will that start from the
beginning of the MTD block? We have used "cp mtdblock2 /dev/mtdblock2" for
7 years in the product, this is the first time I have seen it fail.

--
Joachim Pihl
Senior R&D Engineer

Tel: +47 33 48 94 66