[Buildroot] Problem configuring dbus-glib

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Dec 7 07:56:48 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Chrissy" == Chrissy  <c.pfindel at googlemail.com> writes:

 Chrissy> Hi,
 Chrissy> while configuring dbus-glib I get the following error:

 Chrissy> checking for XML_ParserCreate_MM in -lexpat... (cached) no
 Chrissy> configure: error: expat library not found, check config.log for failed
 Chrissy> attempts

 Chrissy> I'm using the stable buildroot-2009.11.
 Chrissy> The XML_ParserCreate_MM can be found in the staging/usr/lib/libexpat.so.
 Chrissy> So does anybody know how to solve this?

Notice the (cached) part. This means that your configure cache somehow
lists expat as not being available. A quick fix is to run "make flush",
but please send your .config to the list and I'll try to figure out what
package needs to be fixed.

Is this with a clean rebuild or have you first built something and then
afterwards added dbus-glib without running make clean in between?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard