[Buildroot] Help? What happend to the Help on 2009.11?

Michael S. Zick minimod at morethan.org
Sat Dec 5 18:28:36 UTC 2009

On Sat December 5 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> Help not being displayed by menu config on at least some things.

Interesting...

Tried the update directions to update the config used by 2.6.31.5 -
It gets into a pissy-fit about our symbols not having the form
"CONFIG_*" - - - just ignore that.
(And the fact that make oldconfig re-writes it to suit itself.)

choice
  prompt "whatever"
  help
    Some sort of meaningfull message.
endchoice

**DOES NOT** work in the kernel.org version either.
Yes, Virginia, they use that form see: choice of kernel compression.

This parser is badly broken and has been for years...
Might just be easier to patch the language description.  ;)

Mike