[Buildroot] Help understanding how to develop with buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Dec 3 13:13:22 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Crowe <drmikecrowe at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Mike> I'm starting to port our application to an embedded device.  I
 Mike> think there will be quite a few changes, and it's a fairly large
 Mike> application.  I believe there may be week(s) changing the
 Mike> application to get it to run in the new environment.  That's why
 Mike> I wanted to avoid a complete recompile each build.

OK, you can trigger a rebuild of just your package by removing the
correct file (depends on how you integrated it in BR what that file is)
or simply delete the build_arm/<package> directory.

For initial development with lots of compile/test/fix cycles it probably
makes more sense to build your application by hand instead of in BR
though.