[Buildroot] rrdtool : new package proposal

Matthieu Torres matthieu.torres4 at libertysurf.fr
Wed Dec 2 20:19:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

Here is a patch that adds a new package "rrdtool" in packages/database/.
This is a data logging and graphing system for time series data (see
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/).

BIG FAT WARNING: I am new to buildroot and to rrdtool. So it may be
buggy, and not be done "as it should be". For example, the patch I
submit hardcodes time_t type to long in rrdtool's configure script.
There must be a cleaner way to do this.

It builds for me (target : geode processor, 2.6.31-RT-PREEMPT linux,
libc external tool chain), but I have not tested this package with other
targets. I have not either really tested the proper functionning of the
binaries.

Hoping it will be usefull to someone...